Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Book shelf: Currently Reading

From the top: The Lost Boys (dvd), Farm City: The Education of an Urban Farmer, What We Eat When We Eat Alone: Stories and 100 Recipes, My Mother's Clothes, Restoring a House in the City, and Inside Cuba (Taschen).

I treated myself to a stack of books last week, and they are now sitting on the shelf awaiting my attention. Just one library book to finish and then I'll start in on these. I LOVE new books! This stack is just about perfect (although it's lacking fiction... I've been getting that via the library lately)-- part decor/renovation, part gardening, part cooking, a little bit of fashion, and a classic movie from my youth. This photo was snapped before the entire order had actually arrived, it also included The Big Sur Bakery Cookbook: A Year in the Life of a Restaurant, and a Footloose/Flashdance dvd. (The dvds are for a bachelorette weekend that I'm soon to attend-- favorite movies from our childhoods being part of the entertainment-- The Lost Boys was my pick, Flashdance for the bride).

An inside shot from Restoring a House in the City. I still don't have a scanner, so sorry for the wonky photos.

From Inside Cuba. I recently got one of the Inside Africa books, and am now on a mission to acquire as many as I can of this series. Totally inspiring to look through.

And inside What We Eat When We're Alone. The illustrations in this book were half of what made me buy it-- very charming.

1 comment: